Friday, September 10, 2010

How do you recycle your YDN?



Sooo... how DO you recycle your Yale Daily News?
I plastered the windows of our worst window-strike hallway.


We've had a number of migrating birds die of windowstrikes against this very hallway.  In the last few weeks we found one Ovenbird, one Mourning Dove, one Catbird, one Robin and sadly, three Northern Waterthrushes.  Since the hallway is in an unoccupied section of our building I took action that would normally not fly in your average workplace.

 Northern Waterthrush, Seiurus noveboracensis, windowkill from A-21 courtyard, photo L. Jones

detail, Northern Waterthrush.

As I taped up the pages of the Yale Daily News I chuckled over the notice at the bottom of one page.  I'll bet nobody has ever recycled their YDN in quite this way before.  Let's just hope it works to keep the birds safe.

Be sure to check my earlier posting of today - two new warblers and an updated list.

No comments:

Post a Comment