Monday, October 19, 2009

Windowkills in the A21 courtyard

So, this is where we pick up 90% of our windowkills. Scattering birds get not only a view to the sky and trees beyond, but also reflections of the trees within the courtyard.

This morning, after the weekend, there were two victims, a junco and a sparrow. Research shows that the best deterrent is to completely cover the window area with a screen. The commonly used raptor decals work only if placed very close together - this window would need about 100, just on this side. More on this topic when I have more time.
As I approached the window to take that photo, a stunned Eastern Phoebe flew up right in front of me, to perch in the tree above.
photo by me! Susan Hochgraf

And this is one of the curious Yellow-rumped Warblers who actually came close enough to be photographed by my little Nikon Coolpix 7600.

No comments:

Post a Comment